GI Adsorb™, 112 Capsules
- Contains purified Clinoptilolite (G-PUR®) — a mineral that has adsorbent properties towards naturally occurring toxins*
- Contains Collinsonia Root, which has been historically used to support normal elimination and digestive health*
- Helps support a healthy gut barrier*
- Helps with the body's removal of naturally occurring toxins by supporting a healthy GI barrier and normal elimination*
This product replaces Cholacol® II.
GI Adsorb provides important elimination support
The elements that go into the body — nutrients, vitamins, and minerals — are most commonly thought of as the substances that help the various systems operate at their best. However, elements that can help eliminate substances from the body are also greatly important. GI health and toxin removal play important roles, and are essential for helping people achieve optimal wellness. That’s why GI Adsorb from Standard Process is formulated to support GI health and normal elimination.*
What is G-PUR®?
GI Adsorb contains G-PUR®, a purified, high-quality zeolite/clinoptilolite mineral that ensures a strong adsorbent property. Zeolites, which come from volcanic ash that has been weathered in marine environments for millions of years, have been used in a variety of applications — most commonly for water purification.
What is adsorption, and why is it important for toxin removal?
Adsorbents (not to be confused with absorbent) are materials capable of trapping certain substances to their surface or within pores, shielding them from interactions in a biological or chemical system.1
Adsorption differs from absorption on one key way: the way molecules are removed. In adsorption, molecules from a toxin are held loosely on the surface of the adsorbent and can be easily removed without entering the adsorbent.
What are the benefits of clinoptilolite?
Adsorbent compounds, including the G-PUR® clinoptilolite found in GI Adsorb, have been investigated in cell studies, animal models, and clinical trials for their ability to support the GI system as it faces stressed conditions.2-7 Clinoptilolite is a zeolite mineral. Its molecules trap naturally occurring toxins on their surfaces to remove them through normal elimination.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the safety evaluation of the G-PUR® clinoptilolite that the supplier submitted as part of the FDA new dietary ingredient notification (NDIN) approval process, this 28-day pulse dosing was recommended to account for safety and tolerance. The dose of clinoptilolite in one serving of GI Adsorb was set far below levels that showed any adverse effects.
The suggested use for GI Adsorb is: Four capsules per day, prior to a meal with a full glass of water. The suggested use is based on being able to take regular medications or other supplements one hour before or after taking this product, and around the usage instructions from the safety evaluation of the G-PUR® clinoptilolite the supplier submitted as part of the FDA new dietary ingredient notification (NDIN) approval process.
- Wasielewski S, Rott E, Minke R, Steinmetz H. 2018;10(5):584.
- Ranftler, C., D. Nagl, A. Sparer, A. Röhrich, M. Freissmuth, A. El-Kasaby, S. Nasrollahi Shirazi, F. Koban, C. Tschegg and S. Nizet (2021). PLoS One 16(5): e0252211.
- Lamprecht M, Bogner S, Steinbauer K, Schuetz B, Greilberger JF, Leber B, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:40-.
- Lyu W, Jia H, Deng C, Saito K, Yamada S, Kato H. Nutrients. 2017;9(5):467.
- Nizet S, Muñoz E, Fiebich BL, Abuja PM, Kashofer K, Zatloukal K, et al. Inflammatory bowel diseases. 2018;24(1):54-66.
- Wu QJ, Zhou YM, Wu YN, Zhang LL, Wang T. 2013;153(1):70-6.
- Jin L, Wang W, Degroote J, Van Noten N, Yan H, Majdeddin M, et al. J Anim Sci Biotechnol. 2017;8:80
Four capsules per day, prior to a meal with a full glass of water. It is recommended to take your regular medications or other supplements one hour before or after taking this product. After 28 days of continual use, discontinue for at least 2 days before starting your next regimen.
Warning: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Caution: Please consult your health care professional before using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication, have an intolerance to silicon or aluminum compounds, limited kidney function, or chronic gastrointestinal disease. Not intended for use in children.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each Serving Size (4 Capsules) contains: Calcium 20 mg, Iron 9 mg. Proprietary Blend 2.48 g: Clinoptilolite (1.85 g), chlorella, and collinsonia root. Other Ingredients: Honey and calcium stearate.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.