Tongkat Ali, 40 Tablets
It can be used in older men to help:
- Support healthy sexual interest
- Support normal testosterone production/synthesis
- Support normal healthy testosterone levels
- Maintain normal free testosterone levels
- Support general well-being and vitality*
Tongkat Ali contains a clinically trialed and standardized root extract of the revered Southeast Asian herb, Eurycoma longifolia, also called ‘Malaysian ginseng’ or ‘Long Jack’. This specific Tongkat Ali extract has been studied extensively in clinical trials.
Long used throughout Southeast Asian countries as a traditional tonic to promote healthy sexual interest and vitality, Tongkat Ali uses are also now supported by scientific evidence. Many of the benefits of Tongkat Ali are thought to be due to its positive effects on testosterone synthesis and free testosterone levels.*
How Tongkat Ali Supports Men’s Health*
The amount of testosterone in a man’s body naturally decreases with age. Levels tend to peak between the age of 25 and 30, but then decline gradually over time. At age 60, testosterone levels may have fallen by more than 50% with everyday stress, diet, exercise and sleep also affecting normal levels. Testosterone levels strongly determine levels of sexual interest, mental and physical energy, and general well-being.1,2
A special, standardized proprietary root extract of Tongkat Ali has been investigated in a number of research studies in men of Asian and American descent aged 40 years and over.3 These studies clearly demonstrate beneficial effects in various areas of men’s health that include sexual interest,3-5 healthy testosterone levels,1,3,6,7 free testosterone levels,1,3,6,8,9 overall well-being and vitality.1,3,4,7,10*
Benefits of Tongkat Ali
Tongkat Ali is designed for men wanting to maintain normal levels of sexual interest. It may benefit men experiencing a normal age-related decline in testosterone levels and those looking to support normal healthy blood levels of free testosterone. Older men wanting to maintain their normal vitality levels and general wellbeing may consider Tongkat Ali.*
Frequently Asked Questions
Tongkat Ali is one of the most well-known traditional plants in Southeast Asia where it has been used for centuries in traditional decoctions. In particular, the roots are popular among Malay and Southeast Asian men in order to support endogenous testosterone production and maintain a healthy sexual appetite.*11,12
Tongkat Ali contains bioactive plant constituents. The bitter-tasting quassinoids, especially eurycomanone, have been shown to support normal healthy testosterone production in a dose dependent manner.*11,12
Tongkat Ali may benefit male patients aged 40 years and over:
- Male patients who want to maintain normal levels of sexual interest*
- Men who experience a normal age-related decline in testosterone levels*
- Aging men needing to support normal healthy blood levels of free testosterone*
- Older men wanting to maintain their normal vitality levels*
- Older men wanting to support a general sense of well-being*
Both Tribulus and Tongkat Ali are well known herbs to support male sexual interest, there are some differences:
|Formula||100 mg of clinically trialed extract from 10 g Tongkat Ali root||245.45 mg of extract from 13.5 g Tribulus herb, providing 90 mg protodioscin|
|Primary Actions:||Male aphrodisiac, tonic, bitter tonic*||Tonic, aphrodisiac, oestrogenic in females, androgenic in males*|
|When to Recommend:||
- Clinically trialed Tongkat Ali – 100 mg of extract per tablet
- Supports Testosterone Production – supports normal testosterone synthesis & levels, & normal free testosterone levels in older men*
- Supports healthy sexual interest*
- Versatility – as a single-ingredient preparation, Tongkat Ali allows for flexible dosing options for a variety of men’s health challenges*
- MediHerb Manufacturing Expertise - manufactured in Australia to pharmaceutical GMP standards
- Talbott et al 2013. Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition 2013, 10:28.
- Travison TG, Morley JE, Araujo AB, O’Donnell AB, McKinlay JB. The relationship between libido and testosterone levels in aging men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Jul;91(7):2509-13.
- Thu HE, Mohamed IN, Hussain Z, Jayusman PA, Shuid AN. Eurycoma Longifolia as a potential adaptogen of male sexual health: a systematic review on clinical studies. Chin J Nat Med. 2017 Jan;15(1):71-80.
- Ismail SB, Wan Mohammad WM, George A, Nik Hussain NH, Musthapa Kamal ZM, Liske E. Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia for the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:429268.
- Udani JK, George AA, Musthapa M, Pakdaman MN, Abas A. Effects of a Proprietary Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifolia (Physta) and Polygonum minus on Sexual Performance and Well- Being in Men: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:179529.
- Chinnappan SM, George A, Pandey P, Narke G, Choudhary YK. Effect of Eurycoma longifolia standardized aqueous root extract-Physta® on testosterone levels and quality of life in ageing male subjects: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter study. Food Nutr Res. 2021 May 19;65.
- Tambi MI, Imran MK, Henkel RR. Standardized water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat Ali, as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism? Andrologia. 2012 May;44 Suppl 1:226-30.
- Tambi MAM, Saad JM. Water-soluble extract of eurycoma longifolia jack as a potential natural energizer for healthy aging in men. Specialist Reproductive Research Center, National Population & Family Development Board, Ministry of Women& Family Development, Malaysia. 2002 (unpublished).
- Henkel RR, Wang R, Bassett SH, Chen T, Liu N, Zhu Y, et al. Tongkat Ali as a potential herbal supplement for physically active male and female seniors – a pilot study. Phytother Res 2014; 28: 544–50.
- George A, Henkel R. Phytoandrogenic properties of Eurycoma longifolia as a natural alternative to testosterone replacement therapy. Andrologia 2014; 46: 708–21.
- Compendium of Medicinal Plants used in Malaysia. Vol.1..Kuala Lumpur: Herbal Medicine Research Centre. Institute for Medical Research;2002, pp.337-338.
- Bhat R, Karim AA. Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia Jack): a review on its ethnobotany and pharmacological importance. Fitoterapia. 2010 Oct;81(7):669-79.
1 tablet 2 times daily, or as directed.
Caution: Prescribe with caution in patients taking propranolol. May reduce absorption and bioavailability of drug. For other contraindications and cautions consult your health care professional. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Nutrients & Ingredients
Each serving size (1 tablet) contains: Calcium 55 mg, Tongkat Ali root 100:1 extract 100 mg (from Eurycoma longifolia), dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and hypromellose.
For other contraindications and cautions, please refer to the Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart.
Please consult the actual product label for the most accurate product information.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.